Resolved
1.7
Equipment Quality
Turnaround Time
Usability
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jul 12

Simple tire contacted me after this review and gave me additional refund.

Update by user Jul 12

UPDATE: I sent this review to team@simpletire.com right after a wrote it, and received a call offering me to give me an additional refund to equal the 50% refund I originally asked for an was denied. Refund hit my card a couple days after.

So credit them for that. But the the supervisor I talked to on the original call, Scott, apparently lied when he was loud and adamant that the system would not let him refund me more than $100. It just was not possible. My total refund now is $250, half if what I paid for the tires.

This entire review could have been avoided if Scott had given me the 50% discount in the first place. In the end, I am content now, knowing that if the 6 year old tires do fail me, I only came out of pocket $250 for 4 Michelin tires.

I may or may not give Simple Tire another shot in the future. If I do, I'll definitely check the DOT before I mount them.

Original review posted by user Jun 29

Bought my second set of tires from Simple Tire in January '18. Had no problems with the first set.

Took my truck in this morning to get tires balanced, when the attendant informed me that my DOTs were from 2012, all four of them. Called Simple Tire and simply asked for a 50% refund, since the tires had been mounted for 5 months and couldn't be returned. I thought that was fair. Offered 25% refund, and added a year's worth of road hazard warranty and future discount on tire purchase, which I'm sure I'll never used.

Scott swore up and down that nothing was wrong with the tires and the only reason I received old ones was because they were discontinued.

I asked why they didn't label the tires as discontinued on the website, and he said "It would deter people from purchasing," and that there is "no law against not labeling them discontinued and no law against selling old tires." Technically, he is right, but that is simply bad business. I used to tell everyone about Simple Tire, but I won't be ordering from Simple Tire again.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Prices, Selection.

I didn't like: Product quality.

Comments

SimpleTire
SimpleTire Verified Representative

I'm so sorry you received tires of this age from us. Regardless of whether a tire is discontinued or not, it is our policy not to ship tires with DOTs greater than 4 years.

I am hopeful that this has been resolved to your satisfaction with a member of our team already but if not, please send me an email at team@simpletire.com and I will look into this right away. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

InterestingIndri
to SimpleTire #1517395

It has been resolved. I updated the reviews. Thanks for commenting.

SimpleTire
to InterestingIndri #1518046
SimpleTire Verified Representative

Thanks for the update! I'm glad we could help with this and I apologize again for the negative experience.

If there's anything we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Take care and have a great weekend!